The Fox Cities Victim Crisis Response Team members respond to a variety of incidents including domestic violence, suicide, homicide, robbery, abuse, death notifications, accidents and many more.
The VCR Team strives to offer victims assistance with 3 major needs after a crisis:
- Victims need to FEEL SAFE
- Victims need to EXPRESS EMOTION
- Victims need to KNOW WHAT
With those in mind, the goals of the VCR program is to:
- To enhance the quality of justice by addressing the emotional, social, and informational needs of victims and witnesses.
- To enhance law enforcement officers by assisting them in providing on-scene emotional support for victims and witnesses as well as providing services to work towards obtaining the most effective processing for all involved.
- To meet the needs of all by responding with immediate assistance and providing community referrals.
Below you will find useful links and resources that you may find beneficial after a crisis:
- Crime Compensation: Financial Help for Victims
- Victim Witness:
- Interacting with the Media
- Criminal Court Process
- Legal Assistance Clinic
- Vine: Protective Order and VINE Brochure
- Christine Ann Center
- Harbor House
- Power and Control Wheel
- Similarities and Differences Between a Domestic Restraining Order and a Harassment Restraining Order